Top 5 Apps for The Rapture
Posted by healthitjunkie
There’s been a lot of talk lately about the Rapture. Well, mostly the talk has come from fundamentalist Christians who believe that today, May 21st, will be the beginning of the end for the world as we know it. They base this belief (and their traveling caravan of sign-wrapped vans and trucks) on 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17 in which Paul cites “the word of the Lord” about the return of Christ to gather his saints.
These groups have received a fair amount of press, and the topic has dominated Social Media trending this week, much of it mocking their prediction. Well I came across an interesting mobile app take on the Rapture from Maggie, who recommended 5 apps to try before the Rapture. Interesting idea, but too late given that the day is almost over. So I decided to modify the list a little and recommend 5 apps that might be useful after the Rapture. You don’t think Steve Jobs hasn’t already thought about that business?
1. Pandora – How else are you going to listen to all those great church hymns? And maybe a little Foo Fighters, White Stripes, Kings of Leon. Stairway to Heaven anyone (sorry, couldn’t resist)? Prefer a little more control over your music? Not a fan of someone (or something) else selecting your tunes for you based on one artist? Try MOG for the ultimate in mobile music streaming control.
2. ESPN ScoreCenter – A lot of us thought surely the world was coming to an end when the Red Sox finally won the World Series in 2004. Well, if it ever does, don’t you want to be able to check all the latest scores, stats, recaps and highlights from your favorite teams?
3. Dropbox – If you’re gonna live in the cloud, don’t you want to be able to access all of your files in the cloud?
4. Yelp – I know where to go to eat, shop, and celebrate in and around Boston. In heaven I haven’t a clue.
5. FortuneBall – I don’t know about you, but if I’m taken by surprise with the Rapture, I don’t want to be caught off-guard again. I want to know what’s going on for sure.
What apps will you bring with you when the Rapture cometh?
Post-Rapture Addendum/Bonus App
6. Bible – I forgot the User Manual.